Payment and Deposits
- Credit card payments are subject to a 3% surcharge. American Express 4%
- Our payment terms are strictly 7 days prior to departure except for wedding car hire where the final payment will be taken 14 days prior to the event.
- All hires are subject to the current rates of VAT.
- All hires must be fully paid in advance except where the hirer has a credit account wherein payment is due within 7 days from the date of invoice.
- The charge on your credit card statement will be shown as Mercedes Chauffeur Hire.
- Your booking may be subject to additional waiting time and car park charges.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- Should you wish to cancel your booking the following charges will apply:
- If a booking is cancelled by the client within 48 hours from the start of the period of hire, 50% of all monies paid will be non-refundable, see below for wedding bookings.
- If a booking is cancelled by the client within 24 hours from the start of the period of hire, 100% of all monies paid will be non-refundable, see below for wedding bookings.
- If a wedding booking is cancelled within 3 months from the start of the period of hire, the deposit will be non-refundable. If a wedding booking is cancelled within 2 months from the start of the period of hire, the full hire amount will still be charged to the client.
- If the customer does not appear at the time and place designated as the pickup point, the hiring will be considered as a “No Show” and a full fee will be applicable.
Terms and Conditions
- All hires will be calculated as starting and finishing at Hyde Park Corner except where subject to affixed charge e.g. airport transfers / specific quotations. For long distance journeys over 100 miles please contact us for a quote.
- Mercedes Chauffeur Hire’s vehicle(s) are fully insured for passenger and third party claims. However, customer’s properties are carried entirely at their own risk and Mercedes Chauffeur Hire shall not be held responsible/liable for any loss/damage to such property.
- Mercedes Chauffeur Hire and its chauffeurs have the right to refuse to carry any passenger who is thought to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs and whose behaviour poses a threat either to the chauffeur, the vehicle or any other individual.
- To guarantee wedding and special events booking, we reserve the right to obtain a 25% non-refundable deposit for orders of either multiple cars, or with a value of over £250.
- Car parking fees will be charged at cost in all cases.
- Waiting time is charged at hourly rate published in our price list.
- The first 10 minutes of waiting time are automatically included in our charges, thereafter we charge waiting time by 15 minutes increments at the rate published in our price list. Please note that Airport Transfers are subject to our published time allowance e.g. price includes 30 minutes waiting time.
- We will monitor your flights progress based on information available. The chauffeur shall amend his arrival time accordingly. If however the flight arrival time is amended due to delays following the chauffeur’s arrival at the airport, then additional waiting time will be charged at our basic hourly rate from the current price list. Please inform us as soon as you are aware of any delay to your arrival time.
- Any job quoted for a set fee for a specific journey including hours and miles to be travelled is calculated on the information received at that time, and any excess hours or miles travelled over and above that quoted, will be charged at the standard rate.
- We will recommend departure and journey times to be allowed for after making allowances for the day of travel and times. Mercedes Chauffeur Hire cannot be responsible for clients insistence for any variation to the recommended times or delay to agreed departure time, which may result in missed flights, connections or meetings or any other loss. Any delay during a journey caused by the passenger is solely their own responsibility. The driver must not be asked to speed or drive recklessly to make up time.
- When a hirer desires to travel to a particular place, the driver will, unless specifically otherwise instructed, travel by the route which is, in his opinion, the best and most convenient for motoring whether the route is shortest or not, and no allowance will be made to the hirer on the ground that the route adopted is not actually the shortest.
- When carrying luggage, all hard cases or boxes etc, must be placed in the boot. Only a reasonable amount of hand luggage may, with the chauffeur’s approval, be carried inside the car. In the event where a passenger has an excess of baggage, Mercedes Chauffeur Hire reserves the right to refuse any luggage or property in the car which in our opinion would result in the vehicle being damaged or unsafe to drive on the road.
- Clients are responsible for any damage they cause to the interior and or exterior of a vehicle on hire to them and will be billed accordingly for any repair or valet required in order to reinstate a vehicle to working order.
- We may provide subcontracted vehicles occasionally and will do all within our means to communicate this to you prior to the time of hire.
- Whilst we do our utmost to ensure our drivers are punctual, you will understand that we cannot accept responsibility for delays caused by circumstances that are beyond our control.
- Mercedes Chauffeur Hire maintains a strict non-smoking policy in all its vehicles.
- Gratuities are left to the client’s discretion, but may be added to the bill if requested.
Any work we undertake shall be subject to the above conditions with no exception, so please ensure you have read and fully agree to them before placing an order with us.
Nothing contained in these terms and conditions can affect the client’s statutory rights.
Governing Law – This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the courts of England without giving effect to the conflict of law provisions thereof.